I'm a functional gal. I don't like a lot of frills and I pick at nail polish. I prefer streamlined with punches of color, and Modern Art is definitely becoming my favorite. Wait! Keep reading!
I also love to feel pretty. I like feeling irresistible-to my hubbend of course-and I love having fantastic clothes. Feminine clothes that Enhance. With a capital E.
So, while I was shaving today and again while slathering myself with the necessary body cream required to keep my sponge hydrated, I noticed something. I have definition! Nothing like I'm going to get, or used to see. But, there are definitely the beginnings of a heart shaped calf and the long lean definition dents I love.
I need to have a purpose for my prettiness. Utility unfortunately is still a part of my German/Brit/Swede/French heritage. If it isn't functional, I'm afraid I'll break it. Or forget it. Or neglect it. Bah. I don't need more guilt. This quest is about keeping the usefulness and adding some pizzaz. And some extra practicality-like eating healthy-that I need beauty to entrance me into keeping around.
So, I'm so happy to find reasons to like my body. I'm starting to realize what exactly needs to leave for me to function at my best on the treadmill and achieve my sit-ups goals. I don't want to hate on me. It's perfect timing to start liking my legs again!
So, I wanna hear about what you love, love, love, about your life now that is different than BEFORE. Before being whatever you were doing last week, year, or yesterday that you're not doing anymore. Diapers? Bloat gone? Seriously, anything!
You know, the first thing I noticed were my shoulders. When I was really heavy my neck blurred into humps. Once I lost some weight and started weight training, I saw shoulders.
ReplyDeletePretty cool...
It is really satisfying to see progress. Congratulations. I'm still working on getting back to where I was. I think the boot camp I'm going to do will be the kick in the butt. in need.
ReplyDeleteNo double chin. For the first time in YEARS I can look in the mirror, put on my makeup, do my hair....heck, even brush my teeth and NOT see a double chin! LOVE!
ReplyDeleteMy journey is about becoming the healthiest person that I can be both physically and mentally. This past year I've learned to appreciate my blessings more and to stop sweating the small stuff. This change in thinking has helped me to find so much more joy.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing my clothes sizes change. I so far have gone from a 22/24 in pants to an 18. I am so looking forward to buying a 16 again. I have not done that in about 9 years! I also agree with Karen@fitnessjourney. My biggest thing I love is my attitude change towards me and what in life is important to me! It is my life and I can live it how I want! Trust me I am still convincing myself of this everday but each day it gets easier!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...I love that I have started a blog that allows me to be honest with myself and with all of you! The relationships that I have formed, have pushed me towards seriously desiring to reach all of my goals! Thank you for your support! You're helping me become a better healthier me!
ReplyDelete@Lisa "One Mom's Weight Loss"- Any sort of definition is awesome to see. I'm looking forward to toned arms. :)
ReplyDelete@kathyj333- I've got lots of "where I was" moments. They're all starting to blurr ... Help me! I'm getting dizzy! ... Boot camp is progress. No?
@Kristina- What a slimming picture you paint! I love watching the jawline in BEFORE and AFTER photos. Weren't these inspiring?
@karen@fitnessjourney- There really is something in being healthy that makes so many things seem small. It makes us more focused, stronger and fitter. Thanks for sharing!
@lor- Me too! RE: the pants, the attitude, and the convincing.
@Corletta- aww. I know! The blog diet is the ONLY diet. You are a good friend. And, I know you're gonna get there. *little miss halfway!*
I love finding muscle...sometimes I'm like, wow, didn't even know there WAS a muscle there,lol. Honestly, I like my blog and blog friends best. The whole losing weight, being healthier is great, but new friends are the best perk of it!
ReplyDelete@KatDoesDiets- The blog thing is fun, isn't it? I love the friends. I think all of you are right. Those are the lasting things that really matter. They make me want to keep this thing going.
ReplyDelete