
And so it begins. Thursday is the day where much of my theories are going to have to be put into practice. Chickadee has a Routine-Evalutation-to-See-if-She-Has-Seizures. I'm trying to tell myself this is normal. Our normal anyway.
I have to farm out Miss THANG and Beansprout. Hubbend has some foreign business partners flying in. Chickadee and I will be stuck in one room together for 24 hours while electrodes map out her brain activity. This is routine. This is normal. We will be doing this every six months.
Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat.
I am SO stressing about this. Despite trying not to. Cookies have crept into the 'bane of my existence' category once again. Chickadee is having a hard time sleeping, which means I missed my workout this morning. Not a great plan.
The therapist says waking up in the middle of the night repeatedly could signal seizures. Boo.
So, any suggestions as to how to do this? I don't want to backslide. I have to order hospital food for she and I. I won't be able to exercise for two days. Why does this make me want to hunker down, pig out and become inanimate? Silly girl.
its ok your stressed you can back to this workout stuff when everything calms down
ReplyDeleteits family time now dotn worry about the other stuff for a couple days it wont hurt the weight loss journey will still be there afterwards
i hope everything goes well for chickadee
do you have a portable dvd player? maybe you could bring movies to keep your mind occupied? also, the computer helps me not want to not eat.
ReplyDeletesorry about your daughter. i hope the test turns out well and goes easier than you expect.
Bless your heart. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I'm going to pray for you and your daughter today...promise.
ReplyDeleteIll be praying for you and Chickadee. Is there anyway you could pack a small cooler with yogurts, fruit, cut up veggies, fiber bars, etc and take with you to munch on? That way you know your getting something healthy to eat while your there. Also, the idea of the DVD player is great (or an ipod) and put some relaxing (spa like) music on it....it def helps to soothe nerves (I know!).
ReplyDeleteYou can do it. Stay focused and remember who is ultimately in control. Do not beat yourself up if you are doing all that you can. My blog talks about that today! If there is something that you can do differently, do it; however, if you are doing everything you can, breathe and continue! You're a great mom and blogging buddy! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteIt's understandable you'd be stressing about the upcoming test and the confinement it will necessitate. It also makes perfect sense that cookies would seem an appealing balm. I like how Kristina suggested you bringing some healthy stuff in an Igloo or something. That way, even if you cave in to a cookie, you'll have other healthy choices to fill you around the cookie. Feel the hugs and love of your blogging friends. I'll be thinking of and praying for you and the little Chickster.
ReplyDeletejust found you & am trying to catch up on your story...so far, my goodness, I'm not sure what to say.
ReplyDeleteI guess the big point I want to make is that you are doing your best & that is all you can ask of yourself.
Between the various needs of your children, your husband & your home you are not letting yourself get swept up & lost in the storm. That is good, no that is very, very good.
Taking time to care for yourself is difficult (I can only sort of imagine your situtation & it is only because I have friends with a low functioning special needs child who also have mjultiple Drs & therapists pulling them in all directions) but you deserve it.
Thinking of you & your babies.
Lynn
@BEE- Thanks for understanding. I need to remember that we are still new to this and it's okay for me to freak out a little. We've only done this once six months ago. Chickadee will benefit from your hopes!
ReplyDelete@Michelle- You know what you're talking about! My ipod died since I left the backlight on during a 24 hour drive in November. However, my husband will be freeing up his newly 'old' laptop so we can watch movies, play music, and hopefully blog with the wifi. Great minds ...
@Lisa- We would love your prayers. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this happening every six months.
@Kristina- That is a good idea. I have to bring Chickadee's special 'ambrosia' and I'm sure I could put some of my healthy stuff in there. I think I'll feel a lot better if I don't have to sit there with a lead lump in my tummy.
@Corletta- I like that. I'm heading right over to your blog after I finish this. My best HAS to be good enough, because there isn't anything else to give. I know that the one in control will make up the difference if I ask. You are a good friend.
@Leslie- I will bring my healthy choices. If they have to just wait in the car, then they will be there for my 3 1/2 hour drive home. And fiber and water help me to feel satisfied so that cookies aren't tempting. Thanks for caring. It meant so much to me to begin thinking of my life on an 'only today' basis. And also the serenity prayer. Thanks for your friendship and your prayers.
@Actual Scale- welcome to my blog! and what a day to find me eh? Thank you for your kind words regarding taking care of myself. It's taken two years to get my feet under me again, and bloggers help me stay on them. Thank you.
hahaha
ReplyDeleteyou sneak sugar i sneak diet coke
its all good lol
whatever makes us feel great
Here's to fantastic week for the both of us then! :-D
ReplyDelete@BEE- doNOT encourage me girl! No, I've got to have some wiggle room.
ReplyDelete@Natalia- Here we go!
Ugh, that sounds so tough. But, you are a TOUGH mom and will get through it!
ReplyDeleteBring some crunchy foods, maybe? Stuff you can really work on, like carrots, celery, etc. I think that's a great stress relief without the calories.
Being with our kids when they're going through medical stuff is the hardest part of being a mom. I think you just need to focus on as much positive stuff as you can. My oldest had a blood disorder when she was a year old - it lasted for a year. Every month, I had to take her to the Oncology department at the children's hospital, and they would take her blood and run tests on her. It was awful. But I tried to fill my head with positive things, and it did help.
Hugs to you and your baby - I hope it all goes well.
@Jenn- crunchy stuff is a great idea. It would take me a while to eat it so I could really process that I was EATING. Medical stuff is tough. We have to do it, but it's tough. Thanks for the hugs. Right back at you! (hugs)
ReplyDeleteHang in there. We are all praying for you and your sweet girl. Do what you can that is healthy. Make the healthiest choices you can. Think healthy and your actions will follow.
ReplyDelete@Fit Mommy- Thank you sweetheart! I hope your tummy is better.
ReplyDelete