
AFTER me will be perfect. I'm pretty darn sure. It's hard to set goals and not have a rosy tint in the background. When all the planets align, and the solar eclipse is complete, I'm sure I will be. I will never miss making Sit-Down Dinners. I will wear perfectly coordinated clothes in fabulous fashion. Just enough avant-garde to be unique, but not enough to stand out loudly. Also, my hair will be perfectly coifed. Chickadee will have all her supplemental therapy done. Every day. Three times. Of course it is a given that I will exercise and eat well. Of course.
BEFORE me is to blame for all my misery. All of it. I am not innately late. Nor am I consistently lazy or an emotional eater. It is all BEFORE's fault. I'm sure AFTER me would have been able to handle everything I've been through perfectly. She wouldn't have caved in and become a mess. No. Never.
LIES? Of course it's lies. I am not a coifer. I am late. Emotional Eater could have been my screen name. I could never ever in a million years do all of Chickadee's therapy supplements. I've done the math. If I had six arms, there is a chance. Of course, someone else would have to do everything else I do, but "Oh well!" Besides, stress+dna=bipolar nos. Can't argue with that one.
THE POINT? This time around I appreciate myself so much more. I'm going to bust my butt and work it off. I'm disciplined enough to get this eating thing down. I'm loose enough to keep it real and give myself a break once in a while. I like me. NOW. I want you to too. I'm pretty sure there are some good things.
How do you feel about the NOW you? Not AFTER you, or BEFORE you. The reality-based three-dimensional right here one?
Now? No so bad, even though I have had difficulty the last few weeks. But, I have learned that NOW isnt a quitter!
ReplyDeleteLove this post!!
the now me is awesome lol
ReplyDeleteno the now me beats myself up too much for stupid things
oh well
Thank God you asked me this question today and not yesterday. Today, I love me! Today is the day that I truly began to see all of my hard work pay off. Oooo...had you asked me about me 2/23/10 pm, I would have told you that I was CRAZY! Boy do I hate it when my emotions get the best of me.
ReplyDeleteI love the now me. I feel much more in control of everything.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet comment. You always know the right thing to say!
ReplyDeleteMy Before me is to blame for all my problems too....lol If only it was that easy.
Great post
I'm pretty okay with the person I am Now. I actually don't have an "After" in mind. I just want to continue on the path I'm on and if I find a better way of doing something, that's great. If not, I'm pretty happy with my life.
ReplyDelete@Kristina- How wonderful! You should know that about yourself.
ReplyDelete@BEE- I agree with your first sentence. So I'm ignoring your 2nd. Ha. You are AWESOME. 80. EIGHTY. awesome.
@Corletta- What a quivering body in Pilates won't do for ya! eh? You are inspiring. And I already saw you getting thinner in your photos!
@Lorie- Isn't it nice how being in control of myself makes the chaos around me feel calmer? I'm so glad you love you now. :D
@F. McButter Pants- You'll be getting lots of cardio. That's a + too. ;) You're a sweetheart.
@karen@fitnessjourney- I would only expect you to say that. You always seem so at peace. Keep it up, it's good for everyone that touches your influence!
Thought provoking...I love it....As long as the "AFTER" person is not just a stepford wife and is still HUMAN.......
ReplyDeleteSettting goals, defining goals and knowing what is important to us........and for me keep the emotions in check...the BEFORE me was on a path which was hijacked last year due in part to illness and in part to getting stuck in red tape at work and now I have had to reassess and I am still a work in progress, but can see the AFTER me in the distance....
I like the now me, she's gettin it figured out and not beating herself up for not being perfect!
ReplyDeleteThough I had a bit of a meltdown today, the now me is my favorite me. I'm rocking it and I know it, I just don't give myself enough credit to admit it, but truth be told, I wouldn't change places with anyone for the world. Your comment on my blog helped me to put that back in perspective, so thank you!
ReplyDeleteI have an award for you on my blog :-)
ReplyDelete