Skip to main content

Can You Catch Your Dreams?

So.

It's Monday morning. Very early morning. In fact, I haven't been to sleep yet. Hubbend is still gone, taking care of a sick father and I can't/don't want to fall asleep without him. *groan*

What on earth am I going to do come morning? The three little ones circling me for some attention. Picture me. Apparently lifeless in bed while they whine for food and comfort. I sound really motivated.

I have a therapist coming for Chickadee at 9:15 AM. That usually helps me be more responsible. Part of the problem with bipolar is that sleep is VERY important, and sometimes it's VERY hard to get.

For everyone normal out there: sleep is very important to you too. 6-8 hours. Yes. I know, I've heard it before too. I'm not getting it tonight either. I even came to bed as soon as I put the Chiclets to bed. I brought the laptop with me though. Not good.

By the way, all the abnormal rest of you can look again. Six to Eight hours of sleep is important to you as well. Jillian Michaels claims that you will not be able to lose weight or maintain it half as well unless you are well rested and relaxed. We need rest to be able to regenerate cells, and recuperate to build up muscles and repair those we're breaking down.

Did you get enough sleep last night? (yes, I am someone's hypocritical nag)

Comments

  1. So sorry you couldn't sleep. I hope that the kids will cooperate with you today as much as possible.

    Oh, and I slept ok. With kids, I figure, I'll sleep when they are grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got too much sleep last night, wish I could give you some of this refreshment I feel. Hope your day goes well even with lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I did not. I was coughing all day and it turned into a spasm that lasted until 4:30 this morning. Fortunately, I don't have any little ones so all I have to do today is take care of me. Hope you do okay and are able to get some rest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, not nearly as much sleep as I could have used. My hubby went to bed early due to his cough (& the Nyquil I made him take, lol) so I started reading a book...and next thing I knew it was midnight. Oooops!
    6am came too quickly...and 6 hours is not enough for me. I'm making it today but have to get my tushie in bed by 10:30 tonight.

    Hope your day goes as well as is possible & that you are able to get some sleep tonight.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! I did get enough sleep last night; however, I normally only get about 5. I can't even believe that there are people out there that are able to get 8. That's amazing. Maybe I will figure that out. Hey...do you take the pictures that are attached to your blogs? If so...you are a FANTASTIC photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pardon...what is this about 2 natural childbirths!! You are an animal!!! I, too, want to have children naturally. I'm gonna need your secrets! So...it's time to start coaching me before I need it. I need to know EVERYTHING...K?!?!?! I knew I liked you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get bouts of insomnia here and there. I hate when that happens, because then I'm totally off schedule. I have to have 8 hours of sleep or I am one grumpy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Fit Mommy- Thank you. And they did. One great thing about having a special needs child in the family is that the other two have evolved into VeryGoodHelpers. They have really helped out a lot.

    @KatDoesDiets-Me too! I think you just made me thirsty. Thank you for your kind wishes.

    @Helen- Oh. I don't feel bad for me at all anymore. Poor lady. I hope you feel better soon. And sleep nice and deep tonight.

    @Actual Scale- I hope he gets better soon. Books suck me in too. I look up two hours later and ... I forget to stop until another two are past or I hit the back cover.

    @Corletta- *pout* NOT funny. Hmph. ;) I usually get around 6 or 7, although my Hubbend fires optimally on all cylinders when he gets 8. If he gets much less I can't take him anywhere. Imagine me staring at a couple I don't know while Hubbend snores at the ceiling.

    RE: natural childbirth. It helps if you are one of the kind that has the baby before the doctor can get there and no one but Daddy to catch him. Then you have no choice. THE DOWNSIDE: I had braxton hicks for 3 weeks so badly that I did not know I was in labor until I hit Transition. Painless contractions my !#^%*.

    But I will gladly tell you my tips for last minute (AAAAAAAAAAH!) fear and how to get through it. Don't be scared. It will be over. Sometime. email me. We shall chat. :)

    @Lisa "One Mom's Weight Loss"- I am a grump. But, it doesn't stop me from burning the midnight oil. I've GOT to stop that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way, what I was saying was funny was not that you didn't get sleep. I was saying, how funny that there are people that actually are able to get more than 5 or so hours a night. Oh the days. Hey...my e-mail address is cdbrown@ngu.edu!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Corletta- Forgive me, I'm a teasing addict. Also, sarcasm is a must when you have nine single adult uncles growing up. I was just joshing around. I know you would NEVER do anything like that. That's why I teased ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I'll brag and say I get 9-10 hours every night. :) I must have the only toddler in the world that sleeps in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hm, I had a fitfull sleep last night. It's hit or miss with me. I think it's because I slept in that morning though. I know the feeling all too well of having to funtion with zero sleep...NOT fun...I hope you'll sleep extra sound tonight to make up for it. I'm a bear without 8 to 9 hours. Jillian Michaels is right, except the paradox is that sometimes I have to sacrafice an hour or two of sleep in order to get up early to squeeze a workout into my day. Not fair!

    I hope tomorrow goes better for ya, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ironically, sometimes this blogging keeps me up later than I intend and I don't end up getting as much sleep as I ought to. But I think the blogging helps a lot with staying on track, so I'll take the tradeoff and just try to get done quicker.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...