
From downstairs it wafts to my ears, "Journey Beyond Survival" only my real name, because it rolls of the tongue better.
It can't be! I have been impervious to the guilt. It's all the way down the stairs. Down the longest hall in the world, in a door, and through another doorframe. The guilt is still contained in a few more layers. Like it's a creepy dead body, I would open the deep chest freezer and hear the seal break as it sucks air inside softly.
Louder now, my heartrate would increase and my hands tense. I would hold my breath and reach down to remove the grocery bag. It's moonface reveals it to be a cheesecake. Brought by some well intentioned Wonderful neighbor. No. She is not in the freezer with the cheesecake. I'm just too polite to say no, and too addicted to waste it. It's been there a month or so.
The last time it's been calling me this often (which is at all really) Hubbend had just left. Well hello deja vu. I don't think I called. Or invited. It seems that sugar is my fiend. It comes back at my weakest points and promises strength. Or something.
The hissing is so vague that I don't know exactly what it promises.
I did it! No cheesecake for me. A few too many scoops of corn chips in that Taco Soup I made *yay for making dinner*. But no cheesecake. Whew! It's a good thing I'm busy. Or there'd be a problem.
What is haunting you? Yes, even those of you who are fully complete and happy in your life. What I've seen these past couple years . . . everyone has something.
Throw that cheesecake away!! LOL. I have removed most of this kind of thing from my house which is hard when you have kids. I find myself eating FF cool whip with a vitatop or a WW fudge bar late at night. This is way better than ice cream which I no longer buy. I cannot resist the temptation. :)
ReplyDeleteFood hauntings have been fewer and far between for me lately, thank God! I definitely have other things though, one I've been battling for over 10 years. It usually beats on me in the night when I wake from sleep. One day I'm going to beat it back!
ReplyDeleteTootsie Rolls...I love the dang things. I've learned to just buy a few at time from the "penny" candy if I am "jonesing". Learned that after buying the bag of 400. I kid you not!
ReplyDeleteStay Strong!
Cheesecake. (I'm making that Homer Simpson face with the drooling and the throaty sounds he does when he's craving something.) Congratulations on passing it by. That takes a real presence of mind.
ReplyDeleteChocolate calls my name on a regular basis. I have a rule, no chocolate in the house. On occasion I'll buy a piece or make a dessert for the family so that we aren't completely denying ourselves, but that is it. I could never have a cheesecake in the freezer. I don't have that much will power! :)
ReplyDeleteGive it to another neighbor as a gift......but get it out of the house! lol
ReplyDeleteMe? Chocolate........anything!
Cheese cake is another invention of the devil. It's cousins are PB and cheese sticks.. :) Good for you throwing it away, but I would have gladly came over and scarfed it down :)
ReplyDeleteIf anyone said that they didn't have something...they would be LYING! I would have to say that the thing that haunts me the most is my negative attitude about reaching my goals. The...ugh..this takes to long or the ugh...what, no loss this week. It is all keeping me from reaching my potential. So...I haunt myself. I know...weird, but oh so true!
ReplyDeleteMine is cheesecake too. I am with the other gals. THROW IT AWAY! You made it this long without eating it - you aren't going to miss it.
ReplyDeleteHmm, peanut butter, chocolate, or the evil combination that is peanut butter cup ice cream, drooool. Don't keep it in the house.
ReplyDeleteSometimes simple Lays lightly salted potato chips sing me a siren song - calling me, wooing me, tothe darkside. A very frequent craving for me. Of course, when I give in, I then need something sweet to counteract the salty, and voila! The makings of a binge!
ReplyDeleteHope your little brood are all doing well. I think about you and your kids with their great names. I used to always have pet names for my kids. Actually still do, and they're in their 20s!
Even though I've been in maintenance for a long time, one food I hardly ever buy is Oreos. I don't know what it is about them, as I don't like processed cookies. But Oreos call my name.
ReplyDeleteGood job on resisting the call of the cheesecake!
Thanks for humoring me, although I have to admit that most of your comments sounded too enticing to be good for me. That's why I hope you'll understand that I'm gonna have to do a blanket response.
ReplyDeleteI wish I were able to tell you that I threw it out. *cringe* I can't. I don't know why. Silly neighbor just brought 1/2 chocolate cake and a bag of oreos. She heard about Chickadee's test. I sound really ugly don't I? I am going to donate the sweets to starving single Young Guy downstairs. I'm sure he can find some fellow metabolized people to share it with. :P
I love sweets, but pizza, calzones, and all forms of rich Italian food are teh tough ones for me. I really have a hard time not eating all that is available to me.
ReplyDeleteNo particular food haunts me - just eating when I'm not really hungry does. Like now. That's why I'm on here instead!
ReplyDeleteI have an Award for you on my blog
ReplyDelete