
I got stuck today.
The exhaust pipe was sputtering until the snow melted enough to be below it. I felt like those marooned drivers standing beside my drowned car as part of some smart aleck photographer's spread that captures a flood. I swear it didn't look that deep. And most especially like them, I should have kept driving. But no, I had to close the garage door! All those burly men roaring down the street in their huge 4x4 trucks with plows on the front. Blargh!
I tried everything. Everything I knew. Shovel, reverse, forward, spinning the tires really fast until the snow is flying higher than my car. Nada. Finally-after dialing three times and hanging up-I called my husband.
The man comes bounding up to my car, and tells me to go wait in safety. I try to tell him we may as well surrender, but no. "You're not stuck until you have to get pulled out." He says, and walks confidently to my car. Thirty seconds later he whips a 180 to stop beside me and opens my door like a concierge. I may have melted a little.
Maybe I am one of those damsel types. Yesterday, today, what are the big themes? I was rescued! I'm always thinking I'm capable, competent, more of a femi-fighting the-nazi. This can lead myself to troubling pre-manic tendencies. What is that called? minimania? I think a large part of maintaining my sanity is admitting my weaknesses. However, that can also lead to a 52# in 52 weeks goal because I have admitted my weakness in 500 gajillion caloric ways. So, there needs to be something leaning inward from my, wait for it-bipolar tendencies! I'm wearing a lot of grey these days.
I was a good girl. Today anyway. Yesterday, I will report tomorrow. My weigh in day. It will probably need some excuse and those cookies . . . Oh my goodness.
I did 4mph (5 min)/4.5mph (22.5 min)/4mph (2.5 min) and got a whopping 2.18 miles and 338 calories. No, I am not finding my daily treats to match my 'caloric estimate' of my exercise. Ha ha ha! I am exercising, and I am working on my eating. Okay? Did I mention I'm drinking 14 cups of water every day?
I went to the Dr. today. I refuse to write about what for. (Think icky and annually) Anyway, she said I should start out at 4 days a week of 'jogging' if that's what I'm doing at this point. So, that is what I'm going to do. Every other day. Except every Sunday will be off. So.
FOURTEEN cups of water, wow. And your hubbend opening your door...XD I'm glad you melted a little, it was a sweet thing of him to do and should've been acknowledged, I think.
ReplyDelete