
After reading a few happy blogs lately, it's really been on my mind. I was impressed at the shift in my thinking as I lay in bed. My new 'happy thoughts' were a lot more pleasant to wander through than my usual list of tasks and schedules.
I posted a list of happy thoughts on one blog, but there are more. I am so happy I'm consumed with new productive things to do. I'm so busy and distracted that new habits seem easier. I am happy about the energy I have now. I'm happy that I haven't resorted to pure undiluted hatred of myself this time before I am taking care of myself. I'm also happy that I can look in the mirror and tell myself that I'm okay, and I'm doing dang good!
Best of all-for the first time in my life-when I really looked at myself and saw how much I really do have to lose, I saw it as an obstacle. The weight is holding my body back from running a 10 minute mile, even for just one mile. I see it as something to remove lovingly, like an art restorer. Going back to the original intent.
You are incredible! In the same way that I have encouraged you, you have also encouraged me. That's what friends are for! Continue to persevere through what may seem impossible. As you stated, having weight to lose is ONLY an obstacle...not what should/has to define you! Go girl!
ReplyDeleteThat is great. I too am "happy" to hear that you feel better.
ReplyDeleteYou can overcome the obstacle. Just keep on plugging. We're all in this boat together :)
if i may state the obvious, 'yay for happiness!' it's a wonderful feeling to step from the murk into the sunshine, congrats. and thank you for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteWow, your writing is like poetry...you are really gifted and you have some great insights! It is so easy to get caught up with how far you have to go...thanks for reminding me that this isn't an obstacle course, but rather a journey!
ReplyDelete