Skip to main content

Molting? NO. I'm Not Molting.

I'm fine right? Of course I'm fine. I'm eating, everyone in my house is eating. We're getting the dishes done finally. We're fine. We've even bathed lately.

Then why am I not writing anymore?

How is it that I am stricken by butterflies anytime a therapist, or doctor, or friend/acquaintance suggests I add something?

Where is all my time going?

If somebody says time management, I am going to scream. Because somebody is right.

And somebody is wrong too.

I'm learning to dance the fine line between blind obedience and wisdom on my own. I am starting to know when to follow the Rx to the letter and when to *gasp* toss the stinkin' paper out the window. It's difficult, but I'm getting there.

So yeah. I'm fine. Right? I'm fine.

Sometimes, it doesn't help to pretend. Not when everyone sees it anyway.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you're in a confused state. I hope you're okay, and glad you posted. I'm not sure about the reference to the Rx getting tossed out the window, but I always recommend someone consult their doc before making med changes. That may not be what you're talking about. But there are conditions that try to convice us we're okay when we really need a little help. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CALM!!!!!

    you cant do everything
    it ok not to listen to all the therapist
    it wil be ok i promise
    they dont know everything
    if ya need to talk let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leslie- Oh, it's more in reference to my daughter. I would never go off my own Rx. She has seven doctors who-while great doctors-contradict eachother often. It's difficult to know whom to follow.

    @BEE- Thank you! I'm just trying to get my bearings as I add in a few more 'fun' things for me. Like blogging and exercising consistently while taking away my biggest crutch. SUGAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the best part of the whey protein is it helps me build muscle faster
    ive been taking it maybe a month and my arms are stacked and i havent changed my workout so it definately makes your muscles build up faster

    and it keeps me full from 7am till 1 pm thtas all i have in the morning till lunch at 1 every single day

    so i swear by it right now but i may change my mind someday who knows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blind obedience? Hmmm...I think that the only thing that it's okay to have that kind of obedience to is Christ. Everything else has the potential to leave you wondering why the heck you chose to follow ___________(fill in the blank). I will pray that the tough decisions that you are having to make will become clear. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again -

    I'm sorry about the doctor drama, and being a member of the medical profession as well as a human being, totally get the extreme frustration when docs' opinions conflict. I agree that we have to trust our gut often. I hope you come to answers that feel right and yield results. And mostly that your daughter is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Corletta. Try to pray about things and be lead. When we're I'm out doing what 'I' think I should do or what somebody else thinks I should do, that's generally when I struggle the most. When I have peace about things I know I'm in the right spot. That might not make any sense,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be to deal with a team of doctors. I have a hard time just dealing with a PCP.

    Will pray for you to find peace about the decisions you need to make for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey all, Thank you. Here I am trying to be all spiritual on Sundays. HA! Thank you for reminding me that prayer is a great way to relieve the stress of decisions with my daughter and her care. I'm always intimidated by people that I respect and find it hard to disagree. That will definitely help.

    I was also posting about just trying to fit this extra BLOG thing that I've fallen in love with into my life. I don't have much extra time. Especially since I've started exercising too.

    Thank you all for commenting. It really means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remember that mom's KNOW their children really well. You are with them everyday...the doctor isn't. Not to say a doctor isn't "right" BUT you are the mom. Don't underestimate your own knowledge. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Lisa-Of course it does! I wish you were around for the 7 mos. broken record pre-diagnosis. But-I'm not gonna go there and be bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband was under the care of several doctors a year ago (and beyond)...and each one gave him meds...it was all just a mess. After lookint at all the meds and their side effects I did a flow chart thing that basically connected 95% of his symptoms to being a side effect of one of the stupid medicines he was on....he'd have a symptom..then get a med for that....then a new one as a result of that med....and a new med for that. It was utterly INSANE...he was the poster child for american pharmacology. I do not know your daughter's issues nor would I ever advocate just taking her off meds. But...it might make sense to look at all the meds and all their side effects...and see if it seems like some of the meds are causing her problems that require more meds.....then go to the doc you trust the most with that info and ask for advice. Sometimes...you have to take the bull by the horns yourself. My husband, by the way...is off ALL the meds now...a year later...and only seeing one doc (a Naturopath...a good one). Amazing....really..how over medicated he was..when the reality (for him) was more about eating better and exercising more and getting more nourishment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...