
Doing something good is sweet, isn't it? 52# in 52 weeks is such a reasonable goal. At times, I feel like a dork as I cruise around the blogosphere. A pound a week. Most people seem to be shooting for at least two. I am frustrated though, like most of you. I was better than I was on the second week. I was better than I was on the first week. Yet I GAINED weight.
After a weigh in like that, I am glad I picked that time frame. A year is really a good amount of time to ease back into these habits that have deteriorated farther than I thought. I look back just a few weeks and laugh at what I didn't bat an eye at because they didn't "count". And yet, I allowed myself to be happy. I knew I was being healthier than I had been. For once in my life it was good enough! Thank goodness. I'm trying to feel that way about this week. Plus 0.2 is not insurmountable by any means. Deflating, yes.
I hope to be able to be "easy" emotionally on myself and "tough" through exercise. I hope to be nicer. To me AND my family. Have you thought of how this will impact the way you talk to yourself?
You are so wise to take it slow. That is how my sister lost weight. I thought she was crazy as the time with her .2,.6, maybe 1 lb here and there. That's how she lost every week. Well, the tortoise won the race. She has kept it off now for a year!!!
ReplyDeleteThe end of the year will come whether we lose weight or not. Better to make slow sustainable changes for sure! They will be the changes and success you will carry in to 2011 and beyond!
ReplyDeletea pound a week is very reasonable. and your still doing everything right, dont worry about it. when i started ww, i lost the first couple of weeks and then gained, but it was my body getting used to the way i was eating (i ate the exact same thing daily), so I changed it up a little and the scale went down again. stay motivated, your doing it for the right reason and your doing it smartly!
ReplyDeleteWow, your goals are really sensible. They will probably have much more staying power that way! Go you! I believe you will do it.
ReplyDeleteI just love the pics you use on here.
Thanks for the link, I feel all special! lol.
@ Lisa "One Mom's Weight Loss"- wow. You're making me feel good. I guess that was the real intent I had in choosing that goal. I knew I would probably be ahead of it most of the time, but then I have month-long plateaus sometimes. (In the weight loss past obviously) I want this to be LOOOOONg term. So thanks. Whoa, sorry about the length there.
ReplyDelete@ Fit Mommy- I'm melting! You are saying exactly the right thing to make me feel warm and gooey!
@Kristina- Thanks for sharing. I'm really hoping that's what will happen. I've peeked at the scale again-but since that's what got my expectations dashed last time it's probly not a great idea-and I'm hopeful!
@KatDoesDiets- Glad you like the pics. They're all from public domains out there. You're welcome. I thought that post was HILARIOUS.
You are making progress—even if it doesn't show up on the scale. I agree with Fit Mommy's comment. The end of the year will come no matter what we do. As Red Green would say: I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your honest post! As always, I identify with everything you wrote. The scale really is a frustrating piece of equipment. Hang in there girlie!
ReplyDeleteHey....I am curious as to what part of my blog made you think that I'm not being nice to myself? I would love to hear your feedback. I guess I just know what I need. It's that "I will try" attitude that got me to this point. My saying that I will try is really saying that there will be times when I won't do anything. My blog was my way of being honest with myself and all of you!!!
ReplyDeletehey thanks for joining my blog
ReplyDeleteno we only have one therapist ( eric) for 3 and a half hours a day
it is exhausting by the end of the 3 hours lol but its all worth it :)
My internet went out. *pout* I don't even remember what I had typed either.
ReplyDelete@kathyj333- Thanks for pulling. I need it sometimes. Ask my kids and hubbend.
@Corletta- I'm glad you identified with the post. and NOOOOOO! I hope you weren't offended by my comment on your blog. I was just reflecting on it and some other posts. I thought I'd cheerfully try to point out you are AWESOME, and that I don't really think you need a kick in the pants. Maybe an offered hand, but not a kick. Was I overstepping? If so, sorry!
@BEE- you're welcome. 3 1/2 hours. Wow. You get a prize. I'm amazed at you!
You absolutely weren't overstepping your boundaries!!! I always appreciate your comments and your posts! Thanks again for all of your feedback. Your comment did make me think. Thinking's good...right?!?! Have a FANTASTIC rest of the day!
ReplyDeleteMy goal is basically a pound a week, so you aren't weird. It doesn't seem like much per week, but in a year, we'll be 50 pounds skinnier. That sounds much better then getting frustrated each week because we aren't losing 2 and 3 pounds at a time, and then giving up early. I think it's good that your goals are honest and realistic.
ReplyDelete@Corletta- I'm glad. I hope you have a great day today. Thinking ... sometimes I do that too much. But, I'm glad you are looking at it in a positive way. 'Cause I like you hanging around! *-_-*
ReplyDelete@Julie V.- Yay! I'm glad you are on the same page. I know there are a few others, but I can't keep track.
MY GOAL IS ALSO A POUND A WEEK. I THINK THAT'S CONSERVATIVE, BUT WISE. AND I'VE ALSO EXPERIENCED FLUCTUATION, SOMETIMES I LOSE LESS THAN A POUND, AND WHEN I WAS WEIGHING MORE OFTEN THAN ONCE A WEEK, I FOUND I WENT UP AND DOWN. THAT'S WHY I DECIDED TO NOT WEIGH MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK! HANG IN THERE!
ReplyDelete