
Someone said once that, "meaningful morning prayer is an important element in the spiritual creation of each day." What that means to me is that thinking, praying, or meditating in the beginning of our day is going to help us have a better day. What I plan on happening and think about happening helps create what I want out of a day.
I know that I have a better day if I am awake before my kids are. It gives me an advantage. There is nothing worse that waking up to restless natives circling my bed. If I'm up, I'm more prepared. Also, If I'm already up there is no chance of sabotage with wet things. Wet little bodies, washcloths, jammies: all have been flung in my face.
If I think about my plan for the day I'm good. If I pray about my day, I'm usually golden. Not that bad things don't happen if I pray. Look at my life! It's just I'm better able to handle whatever happens. Meditation really helps as well, it is relaxing. I don't stare off into the semi-distant foreground as much all day.
They've done studies you know.
How do you have your best day?
I try to do devotions every morning. There are days when it's 10 pm and I'm thinking...that was nice...did you even stop and do your devotion this morning? It can definitely shape my day...
ReplyDeleteI used to practice contemplative prayer. I was into the writings of Richard Rohr, especially his book Everything Belongs. Unfortunately, I've gotten out of the habit of it. I find that drinking green tea and knitting usually make my days better.
ReplyDeletePlanning out my days, reading my scriptures, saying my prayers, and eating breakfast right off all help me so much. ^_^
ReplyDeleteFirst...LOVE the picture! lol
ReplyDeleteI start my day off with prayer as well and thankfulness. Because Im alone when I wake up...I have time to jot out and say hello to the dogs (they expect it! lol) then my breakfast and the treadmill........then some HGTV! lol
Thanks for reading AND commenting. I do love a comment!
ReplyDelete@Lisa"One Mom's Weight Loss"- I do my inspirational reading at night. I really oughta think about changing it. I'm usually awakened by my hubbend to go to sleep.
@Matthew Isaacson- I think crocheting is one of the most relaxing things I've done. I can relate about knitting. I haven't been back to it big time since my Chickadee arrived. It's not time yet.
@Anonymous- Planning helps me too. Breakfast I hadn't thought about. I'm usually the first one up and last to eat ... hmmm.
@Kristina- I love the pic too! Gulliver's Travels reminds me of my life sometimes. I like this take on that ... all gummy. HGTV gets me so motivated! My hubbend does not like that kind of motivation though. Ha!