
I snuggled my little special girl as she got her fluids and fell asleep. She-who has some autistic features at times-will nudge me with her nose and wiggle her little bum to get closer to me. It's one of the best parts of my day. Another best part is folding up my little beansprout boy and hugging his compact form. It's the only time hugging him feels tangible. Or when little miss Thang can't wait for me to read Anne of Green Gables. She told me I have the best voice for Anne and Diana, and wanted me to stay home from a date.
Being a mommy is the one thing I do that has the most lasting impact. I still think about how I was treated way back. My Mum still thinks about it. I want to do better at it.
Being excited (or obsessed either one) about this blogging thing has really helped me look at my priorities. Facebook? pretty much gone. Email? quick glance. House work? Okay! I'm neglecting my life.
How can neglect in one way be chicken soup in another? I'm balancing well. I'm recovering bipolar NOS-remember? It's required course reading. I am waking up, and yet it's manageable and healthy. This is why I'm attacking this thing patiently. I can't handle another life overhaul. I'm done with that. I'm allowing myself one treat a day, one serving of food, and two snacks. I haven't used my treat in 4 or 5 days, and only half of the snacks. The point is that I'm trying to take this thing in steps. I want to be able to know that I'm already doing a step 90% of the time before I make it a hard and fast rule. I want to program this thing to be positive.
At any rate, this whole "blog diet" is really allowing me to live NOW. I'm happily engaged in the moment. I don't see something and get lost in a 20 min-3 day reverie. Thanks to any and all who read, and especially those who comment and write blogs. It has given my day purpose, motivation, and pizazz! Ha haha ha. That is dorky.
Has anyone else noticed a shift in focus?
That is so great!! I'm so happy for you:)
ReplyDeleteYes, this blogging thing is really helping me too.
P.S. I absolutely adore Anne of Green Gables!!!
Hey there! For myself I feel having my fitness blog has really helped me on my journey. I only started about 2 and half months ago but so far it helps keep me excited on the changes I am making. I get a lot of great food ideas, learn about some fitness tools that I wasn’t aware of, plus I get to read about others who are having similar struggles that are more than willing to give me a swift kick in the pants when I am falling short. Keep it up girl! You will get those results!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I’m really enjoying reading your other post (= Have a great weekend!
Blogging is a great outlet and can show you much growth and change over time as you go back and read your past posts. Good stuff!
ReplyDeleteThe 'blogger diet' rocks. Has helped me in moreways than I can count. The support alone is worth it.
ReplyDeleteWell...I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the FANTASTIC pictures that always accompany them! Keep doing well! I know that you must me proud of yourself!
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete