self guided, referral, written prescription
There are several ways to get an appointment with your selected professional. The first is google. I have never ever had any luck with google, or any online internet search engine in finding a mental health professional. My best bet is locals I trust. Try your clergy, or call social services. Most hospitals have a list as well because they are constantly dealing with mentally ill in the ER. This is my favorite place to abuse enlist the help of my General Practitioner. They have a list too.
Here is where it can be difficult. Write down a script to reference. Pretend you are a professional if it helps. Don't expect to get everything solved with one phone call. If ever you feel like yelling, exploding, throwing the phone or other understandable reactions put the phone down. Talk to the "ones that got yo back" and take a break.
Next would be getting a referral. This is pretty much calling your doctor, your old institution, etc, as mentioned above. Self guided is usually a dead end that dumps into a referral.
Apparently the whole reason I wasted 6 weeks cause I didn't know best way to find a new mental health 'guru' is to find the ideal person online. Then go to your doctor and get a written prescription to see THAT specific person. Actually, don't go. Call, ask the nurses and they will fax it over to your new crush 'guru' the same day. Also, it turns out that there are magically appointments within the week for those with special doctor notes.
Huh. *twitch*
Comments
Post a Comment
I reply to comments in email. Email me at
journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.